Tips for Training in Heat and Humidity: A Benefit for Run Far Runners One of the benefits of running and training in Charlotte in the summer is that we have the added challenge of training when there is heat and humidity. You say: “How can this be a benefit?...
Submitted by Coach Tara Daley… Use your long run to “practice” several things before the actual race. Try out different foods during your run to see what nutrition fuels you the best (almonds, peanut butter sandwich bites, Clif bar or Gu may work),...
Running is an excellent means of conditioning the cardiovascular system. It is a highly aerobic activity that utilizes both fatty acids and carbohydrates for energy. The typical runner tends to have a slow resting pulse rate and a high maximal oxygen consumption....
Run For You Benefits
• A results driven running training program
• Customized, weekly training schedule
• Run For You performance t-shirt
• Weekly e-communications that include workouts, motivation, upcoming week’s schedule, and success stories
• 15% Discount at Run For Your Life stores while in the training program
• 10% Discount on Run For YourLife owned events while in the training program
• Pre-run educational seminars on running topics including injury prevention, nutrition, hydration, and running form
• A program that makes running fun, safe, and rewarding!